- What type of information do we obtain and how do we get it?
- How do we use the information that we obtain?
- Who do we share the information with?
- Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
- Your Choices Regarding the Collection and Use of Your Information
- How do we secure the information?
- Children's Privacy
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Contact Information
What type of information do we obtain and how do we get it?
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. Personal Information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s first and last name, or e-mail address. Anonymous Information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual. Aggregate Information means information about groups or categories of individuals which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may share Aggregate and Anonymous Information with other parties without restriction.
Information that you provide to us.
When you interact with our Online Services, we may collect certain personal information directly from you. Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information ("Personal Information"). The information that you provide to us may include the following:
- Account or Registration Information, where needed to use our Online Services, and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birthday, user account name, and password.
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, third party ticketing service user account names, and/or telephone numbers.
- Information you provide in public forums available in our Online Services. We may offer chat, forums, community environments, and other tools that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide Personal Information when you use any of these features, that Personal Information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. We do not require our users to include sensitive data (e.g., race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, sexual life or criminal record) in their account. If you choose to post any such data to your account or public forums on our Online Services, it may be visible to others. To request removal of your Personal Information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Content, communications and other information you provide to us, view or engage with when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms (such as social networking sites) or link your profile from a third-party site or platform to your registered account.
Information that is collected automatically
When you use our Online Services, we may obtain certain information by automated means. Wookey may use a variety of technologies to collect this information, such as browser cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, mobile device identifiers, server logs, and Adobe Flash technology and other tracking technologies. We may collect and analyze information, including but not limited to (a) browser type; (b) ISP or operating system; (c) domain name; (d) access time; (e) referring or exit pages; (f) page views; (g) IP address; (h) geolocation, (i) unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA or Android ID); and (j) the type of device that you use. We may also track when and how frequently you access or use the Online Services, including how you engage with or navigate our website or mobile application. This may include information about how you use our Online Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
We use a variety of technologies to collect this information automatically.
- Location Tracking. If you access our Online Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID) that will give us information about the type of device you are using and its general location. This allows us to improve the Online Services delivered to you. If your device is equipped with GPS or can connect with wireless access points or hot spots, or if your device is also a phone that communicates with cell towers or satellites, then your device is able to use these features to determine its precise geographic location. If you have consented using your device’s user interface, the geographic location of your device will be transmitted to our servers in real time any time that our mobile app is running (even if you are not actively using the app or it is minimized on your device). Once you set your device to transmit its location information to us, your device will continue to transmit its location information to us (when it is open) until you set your device to no longer do so. You may at any time opt out from further allowing us to have access to your device’s location information by accessing our app’s location settings on your device and setting your device not to share its location with us.
- Web Beacons. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Online Services and third-party digital services, (3) tailor our Online Services around your preferences, (4) measure the usability of our Online Services, (5) understand the effectiveness of our communications, (6) identify, diagnose and resolve technical issues, and (7) otherwise manage and enhance our Online Services.
How do we use the information that we obtain?
We may use the information that we obtain in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide you with the Online Services, including to register you for an account and process transactions;
- To enable site features such as retrieving and providing analysis of data;
- To manage and remember your preferences and personalize the Online Services
- To send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and to our Online Services terms, conditions, or policies;
- To process payments and to send you emails, receipts, and alerting you if we need different or updated payment card information;
- To solicit input and feedback to improve our Online Services and customize your user experience;
- To enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels;
- To respond to your questions or inquiries, including contacting you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- To meet contractual obligations;
- To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- To inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- To manage our Online Services' administration, forum management, or fulfillment;
- To provide customer service and technical support;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, enforce the Terms of Service that apply to our Online Services or to comply with applicable law; and
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications.
Who do we share the information with?
We may share your Personal Information with third-parties in the following circumstances:
Service Providers: We provide access to or share your information with select third-parties who perform services on our behalf. These services may include data storage, analytics and data analysis, billing, marketing, product content and features, customer service, data storage, fraud prevention, legal services, maintenance, hosting, security, payment processing, email and text message distribution, and surveys.
To Protect Our Company or Our Community. Your Personal Information and the contents of your online communications on or through our Online Services may be accessed and monitored:
- To satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
- To defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of Wookey, its agents and affiliates, its employees, users and/or the public;
- To comply with any law enforcement, legal, or regulatory process, such as to respond to a warrant, subpoena, court order, or other applicable laws and regulations;
- where we believe our Online Services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
Business Transfer: In connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, we may share information about our customers, including your Personal Information, to the successor company.
Our Subsidiaries: We may share information about you with Wookey's subsidiaries and affiliates and companies acquired by or merged with Wookey and its affiliates, including without limitation, to enable such acquired or merged companies to advertise to you products and services in which you may be interested.
Event Producers: Most events accessed through the Online Services are organized and produced by third-parties that we refer to as “Producers.” Information regarding such events is shared with the Producers, which may include Personal Information such as the email addresses and geographical location of attendees, as well as anonymous information such as data concerning total ticket sales, sales of virtual merchandise, chat/emote activity, tipping activity, and attendance duration. Producers may use your Personal Information to deliver information about future events and other marketing messages to you. We will also provide Producers with financial information that they require for their own tax reporting purposes.
Non-Personal Aggregate/Anonymous Information: We may share aggregated anonymous information about use of the Online Services, such as by creating reports on usage trends. This non-personal information may be shared with third-parties who may use the data for their market research and measurement purposes. User information may also be shared with our partners who help us deliver ads to you on websites not controlled by us; for instance, when we put a pixel on a conversion page on our site and a marketing partner uses that pixel to optimize the traffic that they send to us. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
Other Purposes: We may share your Personal Information for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
We partner with certain third-parties to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research and reporting. These third-parties may use server logs, web beacons, tags, pixels, mobile advertising IDs (such as Apple's IDFA or Google's Advertising ID), and similar technologies, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Online Services. In particular, our Services use Google Analytics to help collect and analyze certain information for the purposes discussed above. You may learn more about Google Analytics' data practices by clicking here. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
We may also use analytics providers that engage in heat mapping and that record mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, and keystrokes during your use of the Online Services. These analytics help us identify and address technical issues and understand usage of our Services, which we use to improve the Online Services for you.
For information about interest-based advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website. To cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative's (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance's (“DAA”) Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Online Services, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
Your Choices Regarding the Collection and Use of Your Information
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your information such as:
Delete your Account: You may delete your account registration or ask us to erase or delete all or some your Personal Information (for example, if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you);
Profile Information: You can update your profile information by accessing your account.
Marketing Communications: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by following the directions in those emails.
Object to, Limit or Restrict use of Personal Data: You may ask us to stop using all or some your Personal Information (for example if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, of your Personal Information is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
Subscriptions: You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
Sharing Personal Information: You may choose whether to share your Personal Information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
Opting-Out: If you do not want to receive content, advertisements, services, or special offers that may be of interest to you, or to request any of the changes described in this section, please submit your request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we retain your Personal Information even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, respond to government investigations, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms of Service or other terms or policies, and protect our and others’ rights. We will retain Anonymous Information and Aggregate Information after your account has been closed. Because we do not control data you shared with others, such data will remain visible or accessible.
California and Nevada Residents: Please click here to view details on specific rights for residents of California and Nevada.
How do we secure the information?
Preventing Unauthorized Access. We maintain security procedures and technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, disclosure, alteration, or use. For example, to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect, we deploy a wide range of technical, physical, and administrative safeguards, including: Transport Layer Security (TLS), firewalls, system alerts, and other information system security technologies and regular evaluation and enhancement of our information technology systems, facilities, and information collection, storage, and processing practices.
Payment Processing. We use third-party service providers to manage credit card and payment processing. These service providers are not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card and payment processing on our behalf. When you enter payment information to be processed by our third-party service providers, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TLS) technology and do not store it on our systems.
Security Risks Because no data transmission is completely secure and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee perfect security of the networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. We cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using our Online Services, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use our Online Services, including without limitation your Personal Information or other registration information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. Accordingly, you should carefully consider whether you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public and you should recognize that your use of the Internet and our Online Services is solely at your risk. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all your Personal Information, including your protected health information.
The Online Services are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen through our Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to help enforce our Privacy Notice by instructing children under the age of thirteen not to download or use the Online Services.
Links to Other Web Sites
We may update this Notice from time-to-time. The current Notice will be effective when posted. Please check this Notice periodically for updates as your continued use after an update will signify your acceptance of the new policy. If any of the changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease interacting with us. When required under applicable law, we will notify you of any changes to this Notice by posting an update on this website.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
Wookey Project Corp
Attn: Legal Department
765 Beach Street,
San Francisco CA 94109 U.S.A.