California Privacy Rights
The State of California has enacted privacy laws, principally the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), that give California consumers certain rights with respect to the collection and use of their personal information. These rights include the right to know about the personal information that is collected, the right to delete certain information, the right to op-out of the sale of personal information, and the right to non-discrimination for exercising rights under the CCPA.
Categories of Information that We Have Collected in the Past 12 Months
The CCPA requires that we disclose to you the categories of personal information about you that we have collected in the past 12 months. The categories of information that we collect are as follows:
- Identifiers, such as a user name, unique personal identifier, IP address, email address, or other similar identifiers;
- We have collected payment information for the purpose of processing purchases and transmitted that information to our payment processor Tilia;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this section to create a profile about users reflecting user preferences and characteristics, which we use for product and service enhancement and optimization purposes.
Categories of Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
The CCPA requires that we disclose to you the categories of sources from which personal information is collected. The categories of sources from which we collect are as follows:
- Indirectly from other users of our sites and services;
- Indirectly from third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services that we perform; and
Use of the Information
The CCPA requires that we disclose to you the categories of purposes for which we use the Personal Information. The categories of purposes that we use the information for are as follows:
- Providing the Online Services;
- Fixing and improving the Online Services;
- Personalizing content;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Analyzing use of the services;
- Preventing, detecting, investigating, and responding to fraud, unauthorized access/use of the services, breaches of terms and policies; and
Sharing of the information
The CCPA requires that we disclose to you the categories of third parties that we share the information with. The categories of third-parties with whom we share the information are as follows:
- Service providers;
- Third parties to whom you authorize or direct us to disclose your personal information in connection with our sites and services;
- Third parties that we share information with for marketing purposes, which includes sharing information that we have about you, such as a cookie ID, IP address, or email address with third-party marketing partners; and
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you: (i) the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; (iv) categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose; (vi) the categories of third-parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- You may also request the categories of personal information that we sell to third-parties the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, and to opt-out of the sale of such information. However, we do not sell personal information so our response to such requests will be limited.
- Subject to certain exceptions and up to two times each year, you may request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request for deletion, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) such personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Please note that you will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. You will be asked to provide certain identifying information, such as your name, email, and residency. You will also be asked to validate your request by clicking a validation link in an email that will be sent to the email address you provided. While processing your request, we may ask you to provide further verifying documentation, such as proof of residency and identity. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
- In addition to providing sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that you have authority to make the request, you must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- Submitting a request online at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Calling us at (415) 680-9000
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Accordingly, we will not do any of the following in response to the exercise of your CCPA rights:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or by imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada Residents: Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Sale Opt-Out.” Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.